Tuesday 16 October 2012

Ingrid Anna's avatar attempts

My best avatar attempt is this seated woman. The detail is perhaps not quite evident in this photo, but I spend a long time trying to make this seated figure realistic. Also, since I previously had issues with the plasticine melting while it was being silicon cast, I made sure to leave this figurine to dry for a long, loong time. This wee avatar is made out of candle wax.

Here are some photos of the wee plasticine model I made previously.. Unfortunately the silicon melted it once I put it into the mould, so it was unsuccessful. This model took about 1 and a half hours to make, but hopefully it'll take less time now after this bit of practice. (I haven't done anything similar really since my playdough playing days as a child..!) Sorry about the bad quality of the photos- they were taken on my mobile camera, not my proper one.



No comments:

Post a Comment