Monday 17 September 2012

The Pod: a Cable Car

Sorry about the low quality, for some reason iMovie kept coming up with an error code when I tried to export the actual clip, so I decided just to film the film with my camera... I'll upload the actual (much better quality) clip once I figure out why it is not exporting.
Unfortunately when I google the particular error code (-50) it seems that other iMovie users are just as stumped as I am.
Well, I'm sure there's a way around it... anyway, I think we will show the clip on iMovie rather than this blog at the Peer review yesterday, so that our concept is actually clear.

Our concept
One must want to escape in order to use the cable car. Escape from a dystopian reality to a utopian hotel.
Manually operated, it could take days to travel from Auckland to Waiheke.
Equipped with beds and food, the pod accommodates this.
There are island stops along the way for rest- but those who truly want to escape will not stay long.
Where there are more than one person travelling, communal living becomes the only option. The pod is a small space, which you must share with any others wanting to use it. There is no privacy in the pod.

Small in comparison to the pulley, the pod floats between them. Just like the structure is expressed in some modern architecture, the mechanism is expressed in the cable car; the large and rough pulleys on either side of the small pod.

How far would you go to escape?

No comments:

Post a Comment