Tuesday 16 October 2012

Waiheke Stairs


Since Manu couldn't make it on the Waiheke Island trip, Andy and I worked with Alex Figg from Citics to create our sand stairs. This was a really fun task- really took me back to my childhood, but in a more sophisticated way, of course!
We had two sets of stairs leading up to a log, with the idea that you could walk up one side, sit down on your 'throne' and then walk down the other side, which had a greater tread.
We called them 'A Rich Man's Stairs'.
One criticism I have of the stairs looking back is that they are too conventional. However I do personally love our choice of materials. We tried to keep things simple, with just sand and these rather beautiful looking rocks we found down the beach.
This trip was my first visit to Waiheke, and I definitely plan on going back there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment